Tuesday, February 26, 2008

JUSTICE! FINALLY!

Ok, so you might not know about the trouble we have had with our "contractor" after our fire last March but we finally got a call about a month ago from the Navajo County Attorneys office and he wanted to know what I would accept from Jared (the self proclaimed contractor) as a plea agreement. Well he would not accept the plea, which was pretty fair, I thought. I was asking for the $17,993.17 that my mortgage company had wired him, unless he had reciepts to show that he had paid the sub contractors for work done on my house. Of course he didn't have any, because he didn't pay any of them.

So this past Friday we went to court, and thanks to our friend Nic Despain who had worked for him on our house, we were able to prove that Jared was in the wrong and the judge found him GUILTY! And awarded us full restitution! YEAH! I am so glad to have that over with, it has been a huge hassle!

No comments: