Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Primary Program


This year was Lukes first time to be in the Primary Program! We got his part about a month before and he had it down that day! It was 'Heavely Father has a plan for me!" I would ask him about a dozen times a day what his part was and he would spit it out like a pro :)

A couple weeks before the program he was picked to give a talk in primary and I was helping him and I couldn't get him to STOP saying his program part and just give his talk! It was cute.

The day before the program I got a little worried because they had a practice and he did NOT want to stay and practice, so I was afraid he wouldn't do it in sacrament meeting. But when the sacrament got over he marched up there like a big boy (i started to tear up a little) and he was the second one on the line up and he stood up and said his part like a Champion! I was so proud! I was a little more teary then, but my heart was so full! I really feel like that was a good part for him because with all that has happened in our lives lately just when I was at my breaking point he would tell me 'Heavely father has a plan for me huh mom" It was so sweet! I am so grateful for primary and for the AWESOME teacher he has in sunbeams, she is amazing and totally picks up the slack for me being such a slacker mom! He is such a sweet boy and I'm so lucky to have my Lukey! (you gotta love Rynos tie too right!)

1 comment:

jasonandhartley said...

Cute! It was Halle's first Primary Program too and I did EXACTLY the same thing - asking her over and over and over what she was going to say. haha.