Thursday, June 13, 2013

MISS PAISLEY

Our due date was actually December 7th but since both boys had been C-section we were scheduled for December 3rd to have our little girl.  On the first (Saturday) I was running some errands getting ready for the baby to come on Monday and I got home and had kind of a sharp pain in my right leg.  It was kind of annoying and I thought maybe I had climbed in and out of our big bronco too many times and maybe pulled a muscle.  Well all night it kept getting worse and worse.  I didn't get any sleep, I was in tears by the time Caleb woke up at 6 to go to ward council meeting for church.  He said call the doctor and see if there is something we can do and text him with when I got to talk to him.  So I called while Caleb went to his meetings (he had 2 back to back) and my doctor was on call so he said to go to the hospital and have them monitor the baby and see if everything was ok, he was kind of worried I might have a blood clot.  So I texted Caleb and told him that we were going to the hospital and I was going to find someone to watch the kids because Dr said we would be there a couple of hours.  Well Caleb got my text and told the ward mission leader that it looked like we were ditching church and going to the hospital.  The second meeting was about to start and the RS Pres asked Caleb if he was excited to have the baby the next day and the ward mission leader laughed and said 'they might have it today" and she looked puzzled and asked why he said that, and he announced to the whole ward council 'Caleb's sitting here in ward council while his wife is at home in labor!' So everyone chuckled except the RS pres and she gave Caleb and the bishop a stare down until Bishop Goodman finally got uncomfortable and told Caleb he needed to leave!  LOL

So while Caleb was at his meeting I called my cousin to see if I could send my kids to church with her and her family.  Got them ready and when Caleb got home we dropped them off and headed to the hospital.  Once at the hospital, the nurse called my doctor and told him I was having really consistent contractions so he came down to check on us.  He decided that since I was already there and he was there and I was hurting, there was no sense in sending me home for 24 hours just to come back, so if it was ok with us he would go ahead and take the baby that day!  So, I make a call to my mom.  She was planning on going to church then heading down to help take care of the boys Monday morning when we went to the hospital.  When she answered the phone I said 'Hey mom, um... guess what...I'm at the hospital.' She said she had a dream that night that I had the baby early!  So she loaded up and headed straight down and made it to the hospital just as they wheeled me into the recovery room!  So Caleb went and got her and she got to see Paisley when she was only about 30 mins old!  The nurse was grouchy so my mom left and collected the boys and brought them to meet their new sister later that evening!  Paisley Gloria Cate.  She was 6 pounds 15 ounces.  She was so itty bitty!  My tiniest baby!  She was instantly loved by everyone, and she shares a birthday with her cousin Tyrel (will and carries oldest).  He claims they are twins 10 years apart!  Its sweet that he is so excited to have a birthday buddy! 

No comments: