Monday, February 23, 2009

Big enough to go hunting!

I was going out to lunch with my mom and 2 of my sister in laws and I told Caleb to find something for him and Luke to go do. So as I am getting ready to leave, Caleb comes out of the bedroom with his hunting camo's on.....I was a little concerned, I was just hoping he would go get sonic and take him to the park and let him play or something but he wanted to take him out coyote calling. I had a BIG BIG laugh! For anyone that has never been hunting, expically for coyote, you have to be QUIET. And when its coyote you have to hold STILL. 2 of these things are not things most 3 year olds have mastered....and it is definently not something OUR 3 year old can do!

Well I had a good laugh over it and so did my mom, Carrie, and Minette when I told them what the big boys were doing. So lunch got over and I went home and had been home for an hour or so and was starting to get a little worried about where these boys of mine were, I thought they would beat me home and be super grouchy...lol. But after a while, I hear them drive up and Lukey comes in the house and I tried to be chipper and said 'hey! Did you have fun?' and he has this bright exicted look on his face and said 'we shot a coyote' and procedes to tell me the story about sitting real quiet and not moving and then BOOM! DADDY SHOT THE COYOTE! It was so funny, and he isn't old enough to tell me something that didn't happen so I walked out to the truck and sure enough there was a dead coyote in the back of the truck! I couldn't believe it! I was so proud of Luke! And he was super excited too!



1 comment:

Jennifer said...

Wow! What a little hunter! That's awesome that he was able to stay so quiet.