Thursday, July 23, 2009

Greed?!?

Ok so on Tuesday we got an offer for our house. It was a real crappy offer. It wasn't even going to pay off our mortgage, so we have to counter with $5,000 just to break even. Anyway, I just don't know what to do because this guy is a very well known member of the community and is paying cash! but that still doesn't change the fact that we have to be able to pay the house off and pay the realtors and closing costs.

So this is the delema. Caleb and I can not see eye to eye on this. We have been praying to sell our house. And now that we have the chance to (assuming he accepts the offer) Caleb is wanting to counter with 10,000 over what he offered us. To me, in this market and taking into account that we have NEVER recieved an offer and the year mark is coming up, I think we should feel lucky and like our prayers have been answered to break even on this deal! I am scared that if we come back with too high of a counter then he will walk because this is a serious buyers market if I have EVER seen one! I just don't want to offend God by saying 'thanks for answering our prayers but we want more money' I keep telling Caleb, 'we didn't pray to be rich! We just prayed to sell our house so that we can be together as a family and now we have been given that opportunity'!

Does anyone else agree with me? Or am I crazy?

2 comments:

Aunt Bec said...

Aargh. The frustrations of life. I am glad you were able to sell your house and hopefully everything else will continue to work out for you. Wish I could be there to help you out.

jasonandhartley said...

That would be so frustrating. :( It's probably for the best that you guys are going ahead with it though.
We will probably have to sell our house in Gilbert for less than what we owe, just because that is how the economy is right now. So I feel your pain.