Tuesday, July 22, 2008

History Lesson


As kids we always loved the horse head on the house


This is the home my Great grandfather James Madison Flake built. He served a mission for our church (www.mormon.org) in the British Isles in the 1890's and he fell in love with the Victorian architecture and when he returned home he used it to build his home. It has 3 levels inside and like 12 bedrooms to house the 25 children who grew up in this house, the youngest being my grandpa, Fost. When we were little, on Sundays afternoons we would talk my grandpa into going to 'the big house' as we called it. He would take us up on the widows walk and tell us about the dances and partys they would have up there. It was so cool, but now people are concerned about the integrity of the roof so they won't let anyone go up there anymore.

1 comment:

Zonnie said...

That is my most favorite home in Snowflake! I remember the first time I went there I was probably about 8 or 9. I too thought the horse head was the coolest thing and loved the stories and history that is shared there!