Sunday, August 3, 2008

Special Fast Sunday

Last week in sacrament meeting they read a letter from the Snowflake Stake Presidency regarding fast Sunday, well this week they wanted each member of the wards to have a copy of this letter. This letter really means alot to me so I am going to post it:

We ask all members and friends in our great community to join in a special fast and prayer Sunday, Aug 3, 2008 and thereafter.
First, on bended knee, may our gratitude for our homes, our livelihoods, and all that we have ascend up to the Lord of the Sabbath.
Second, even though economic conditions seem to be worsening everywhere, let us ask our Eternal Father in Heaven to soften the hearts of thos who have power over employment decisions. May the jobs we currently have be preserved. May families who currently seek employment be blessed to find it. May every home have "sufficient" for their needs. May the Lord God of Israel hear our pleas and grant our area to be a continued place of refuge.
Then let us covenant with our Heavenly Father to be obedient so we can claim His promise, "keep His commandments and He will prosper us in the Land."

How great it is that we have a Stake Presidency that really cares about its members! He sees the needs in the community and asks us to help each other. And how great it is to have a Heavenly Father who hears our prayers. I feel that my prayers have been heard as I listened to this letter being read last week, I was in tears. It has been such a depressing time for me and this has really helped me feel a little better. I understand that we may still have to move but at least I will know that we weren't alone, that people love and care about us and are willing to keep us in their prayers.

1 comment:

Aunt Bec said...

Wow! I hope that you guys are blessed with the things that you need through this challenging time. Isn't it amazing how some prayers are answered. Please let me know if you need anything.