Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Happy New Year!

Well the new year, to me, marks the end of the Christmas season. I take down my tree and all of my decorations, and this makes me kind of sad. Luke was born less then 2 weeks before Christmas and so I would sit and snuggle him on the couch and sing Christmas songs to him. This year he still would let me hold him on my lap and sing, but it was on his term...as everything is. But my favorite song to sing to him is Mary's Lullaby (Tonight you are mine). I tried to find it on youtube or anywhere actually but there is a different Mary's Lullaby and thats the only one I could find...but the words to the chorus are so sweet:

All mine in your loveliness, Baby, all mine;
All mine in your holiness, Baby Divine.
Sing on herald angels in chorus sublime;
Sing on and adore, For tonight you are mine


Oh let me enfold thee, my baby tonight;
While legions are singing in joyous delight.
A new star has risen to hail thee divine,
For you are a king, but tonight you are mine.

That's how I felt on Luke's first Christmas and that is how I feel on Ryan's first Christmas as well. My 2 sweet little Kings.

And these are my thoughts of sadness as I un-christmas my house. Call me a sentimental fool. I'm just an emotional Mom!

No comments: